School Dinners and School Milk
Mrs Flynn & Mrs Boardman prepare and serve our School Dinners as part of Lancashire Schools Catering Service - They serve fantastic lunches everyday. All menus are planned to comply with School Food Standards and all new dishes are tested by children. Our meat is Red Tractor Farm Assured, our fish is MSC certified and we also use a number of Free Range and Organic products throughout the menu. There is always fresh fruit and salad, bread and locally produced yoghurt available daily and further options of a filled baked potato or a range of hot sandwiches wraps or Paninis.
TIP - print these off and choose with your child before ordering on SCOPAY (at least 1 week in advance)
Free school meals and pupil premium
Your child will be able to get free school meals if they’re in reception class, year 1 or year 2.
You still need to register with us if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits as your child’s school can get extra funding, called pupil premium.
- Universal Credit with a household income of less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income-Based Jobseekers' Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, not entitled to Working Tax Credit and household income less than £16,190
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit 'run on' – the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you finish work.
Tell us if you get any of the above benefits as your child’s school can get extra funding, called pupil premium.
Our school provides a milk scheme, through Cool Milk, that is available to all of our infant pupils and we would like to invite you to register your child. School milk is free for under-5s, and for over-5s it is available at a subsidised* price of around £16 per term.
Each child that registers with Cool Milk will receive a 189ml portion of semi-skimmed milk every day, delivered fresh and chilled to the classroom. Their school milk will not only provide them with essential nutrients, but as it is rehydrating and energy boosting it also bridges the gap between breakfast and lunch to help children stay focused. For more information on how milk can benefit children visit www.coolmilk.com/why-milk-is-great.
How to register
If your child is under five:
- Register online at coolmilk.com or complete a registration form available from the school office.
- Register by a Tuesday at 5pm for your child’s free milk to start the following week.
- Free milk will continue until the Friday before your child’s fifth birthday. You will receive a payment request four weeks before their birthday - if you wish your child to continue to receive school milk, simply make a payment.
If your child is five or older:
- Register and pay online at coolmilk.com.
- Alternatively, fill in a registration form available from the school office – once Cool Milk has processed your form, you will receive a payment request.
- You can pay Cool Milk either online, over the phone or at a local PayPoint in half-termly, termly or annual instalments.
- Please pay by a Tuesday at 5pm for your child’s milk to start the following week.
If you have any questions regarding school milk please visit www.coolmilk.com or contact Cool Milk directly on 0800 321 3248. More information on milk is also available from the school.
* Milk for under-5s is provided free of charge, fully funded by the Department of Health. Milk for over-5s is subsidised by the Rural Payments Agency and the E.U.